bellawood premium underlayment

As you unroll each roll, the … I just got my "package" from Bellawood pertaining to my hardwood floor buckling after two months. If there is a class action suit brought about, count me in. Where is the BBB on this? Their PAID endorsers (ty penningtong, etc;) are just that. After. It has taken him months to install because all the planks are not the same depth and or width, so he has to open every box and search for the closest match to each plank.Not to mention the gaps from the beveled edge actually caused a tripping hazard for our little one and myself if wearing heels. I don't know what to believe, considering what we have gone through weather wise over the past 3 weeks with Hurricane Irene and then tropical storm Lee and now this week high humidity and rain. We walk around without shoes now and dogs are banned from rooms with the floor. If a class action suit is around please contact me at [email protected], I had Bella Wood floors installed in my family room and now I noticed it is starting to split and the finish in some areas looks terrible.If tthere is a class action suit filed, please contact me [email protected]. This company is does not stand behind its product and their products are defective. Nearly the entire floor has CUPPED and warped and in some places, split. Customers have found those remote stores, plus Lumber Liquidators stores have been popping up in more visible retail environments. Our house is raised, & it is quite humid here. I have a huge Knot is my stomach after reading this. These stores are of the oldest in the company since the first LL ever is right down the road from me. The Bellawood Premium Underlayment offers a universal product usage. We ordered 88O square feet of 3/4" X 3.25 inch natural birch Bellawood flooring with a 50 year warranty. Lumber Liquidators should be ashamed of themselves, and I hope they go out of business. He is installing it on the upstairs of our home. My inspector said a vapor barrier was necessary per the manufacturer's specifications, but the judge said the manufacturer's specifications indicated that a vapor barrier was recommended in one spot but only necessary on another page. Of course, you can bring the product to your home and install it yourself or hire your own installer. Bellawood is no longer a secret. BELLAWOOD PREMIUM UNDERLAYMENT - $150 (Baldwinsville) QR Code Link to This Post. I think this review is way over the top and unnecessary . That is after paying over $6000.00 for the wood! I am sick. Often, this translates to a substitute such as a wood-look luxury vinyl plank flooring or laminate flooring. These are from the stores in New Hampshire. We could have saved thousands, saved at least a month in time, and had a better quality floor. Pricing for Bellawood flooring is governed mostly by market conditions, such as prices charged by growers, brokers, and shippers. Never, buy from this store, By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions, They asked for many documents, but they didn't want to give funding to me. The underlayment has a plastic strip on one end that goes along the wall and up the wall that will be covered by the baseboard, and the other end has a strip of adhesive tape. Our contractor has been out three times to look at it and now he is going to have a LL inspector come out to look at it. In addition, it can be … At the time, we were budget strapped and decided to go with Lumber Liquidators based on their price points, figuring hardwood is hardwood and as long as you follow the guidelines you should be fine. It's great for all floating floors including laminates with pre-attached pad and engineered wood. Before. Some of the most effective include premium… Soon after the Inspector hired buy lumber liquidators came out to the house and took some pictures and one small wood plank out of the 2400sq" installed, 2-3 weeks later he sent his results to their house, The findings were that the adhesive was not applied correctly and that L.L dose not cover for cupping of wood flooring. My husband is extremely proficient with floor installation, building things etc. Also, you'll need to live in a larger metro area within those states. i called LL and they sent an inspector who rolled balls around the place and took pictures, LL told us that the installation was wrong (done by one of the companies they recomend ) and the warranty was void! They were so happy they created a Fan Page on Face book about the great work our company did, all was great until I received a call from the homeowners about 8 weeks after the install, they were saying that the wood had started to cup and was uneven throughout 75% of the house! The second room is 1yr.old, & is cupping. The wood was left to acclimate in the house for over 3 weeks while the house had A/C and heating working to accommodate myself and employees while we were completing the kitchen remodel and other repairs we were living in the east wing of the house to avoid traveling back and forth since the job was a 2 hour drive one way from our office. Bellawood … They have told me that they have mailed me a packet about and determined that the floor was buckling due to the "Environment". Don't drop anything on the floor because you'll get a huge dent in the finish or floor. In addition, it can be used with nail-down and glue-down flooring. You all have been very helpful. It was installed seven years ago but is chipping and pieces of wood from the edges of individual boards are coming off in many places. We have Bellawood in two rooms of our "shotgun" style house. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SUB-STANDARD COMPANY! When doing so, Lumber Liquidators recommends the use of Bellawood Premium underlayment or ECO Silent Sound underlayment. It's great for all floating floors including laminates with pre-attached pad and engineered wood. They were built that way 100yrs. ! It is time consumers engaged a class action lawsuit. We began our layout and cleaning of the sub floor and installation, we used a very effective and recommended installation method measuring out 5 rows of wood, snapping a chalk line and applying Mapei Eco955 with the trowel clip on ends that are provided in the adhesive pale, applying a full consistent spread of the adhesive moisture barrier keeping within our squared and measured chalk line, installing plank after plank leaving 3/8 to 1/2 inch of gap space along all vertical walls and obstructers to allow proper expansion and contraction of the flooring during climate changes. During installation the installer had a problem with milling errors (different depths and widths) so we had to live with with the BEST OF THE WORST. ESPECIALLY on a once in lifetime expensive type of purchase. I am a licensed General Contractor since 2008, I have been in the construction industry for over 15 years and we have installed wood flooring of many types and manufactures and never had any problems. Thanks to all. What a HUGE disappointment. This was our fourth remodel project for them in which included, kitchen, baths room additions and of course hardwood flooring. Hogwash! We purchased the 3/8 solid Brazillian Cherry and it took four weeks to install 800 sq feet. Best Overall: FloorLot Blue Laminate Flooring Underlayment with Attached Vapor Barrier. We are building a new home. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM YOU AGAIN!!! We had Bruce's flooring for 10 years never had any problems. My husband and I are furious about this lack of quality and terrible customer service. 1.5 mm Underlayment for Floated Floors. Purchased prefinished hardwood flooring from lumbar liquidators raleigh. we also uses a non intrusive humidity detector throughout many areas, all within good allowable amounts according to Mapei. A few of our friends have had the same BAD experience! They tried refusing to cancel our order, charging a restock fee for something that was not shipped and when it comes to $6, 000 we refuse to back down. Shop elsewhere if you don't want to learn the hard way like I did. http://www.uptownfloors.com - On the job review of Bellawood 5 inch prefinished Brazilian Cherry offered through Lumber Liquidators. I had completed 3 Calcium Chloride tests put in place for 60 hours to detect the humidity vapor emissions from the cement slab subfloor, all readings were within the allowable amount of vapor emission posted on the Mapei Eco955 moisture control adhesive. Anyone filing a class action lawsuit, please contact me at [email protected] Six months later I had a bubble in the middle of the floor. It is all intact. By buying pre-finished wood, you avoid the mess and considerable smell that comes with manually finishing flooring inside your home. We were having dinner and heard some strange noises. The downstairs wood is a thinner plank and by Bruce. I had Bellawood Golden Teak installed in December 2008. 2 mos. Home owners were ready to begin enjoying their newly remodeled house. The installer's inspector said it was due to external moisture issues, such as the swamp cooler and humidifier that I was told to get. It was almost impossible to see the problem in the pictures anyway. No matter how much a certain type of hardwood flooring costs at other outlets, the Bellawood price is invariably less—by at least by a dollar or two. When I called Lumber Liquidators I was told that I used the wrong nails. I believe that the products Lumber liquidator in conjunction of Bellawood manufactures and Mapei adhesive and moisture barrier are not sufficient to use when applying solid teak over a concrete slab are not sufficient and are at high risk of loosing very expensive investments that a homeowner are sold on by their staff. LUMBER LIQUIDATORS IS THE POOREST EXCUSE FOR WOOD FLOORING EVER AND THEIR PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE TO SAY THE LEAST! The bottom of her crawlspace had already been protected by a moisture barrier per recommendation by Georgia Power to receive the good cents energy saver discount. THE WARRANTY IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! The home owner has now put in a complain against my Bond, The Contractor State license Board as well as a lawsuit for $35, 000.00 against my company. and were more than happy to take our money!!! It also squeaks and cracks when we walk on it sometimes the sounds come from another area feet away from where we stepped, My daughter has Bruce hardwood and a few young children racing through the house never a mark or a creak. We are sick at the prospects of redoing the floor. I told them that I will not stop calling them until they have someone come here at look at the floor itself. The problems began a quarter of the way into the job when I began noticing serious milling mistakes. Thank you ahead of time for any input. In addition, it can be used with nail … And they do have a local store in Springfield, MO. Item #2421020. Your installed floor will NOT look anything like what you see in the showroom. ago. Of course they suggested an inspector to use which I'm sure would have been for them. I also noticed very poor finishing on some of the planks. While LL Flooring is seeking to increase its reach throughout the U.S., availability is still limited and inconsistent. ### attributed the floors buckling to guess what...humidity! they felt very confident in moving forward with the install. When I finished the job I had more than 3 boxes out of 40 with poor milling/finishes. Before installing your new laminate flooring, it's important to start with a good underlayment. I was also told that the humidity in the home was too high. ABSOLUTE ###!!! Hope you all have better experiences in the future if you do business through them again...oh and buy the way. This premium underlay is manufactured from polyethylene with a unique design. Even though many companies have begun to phase out their solid hardwoods, Bellawood has actually expanded its solid hardwood line. The Bellawood Premium Underlayment offers a universal product usage. This puts myself and my company in hands of layers, Layers that will fight for our rights and protection, they are going to process a cross complaint to Bellawood, Mapei adhesives and most of all Lumber Liquidators. Some points started to buckle up but not too bad - last month (Mar 2011) two sections buckled to the point where there was a change of ~3" between the parts remaining level and the tops of the buckle points. DITRA features a grid structure of square cavities, the base of each cavity being larger than the top. Please contact us at: My e-mail is: [email protected] When you want attractive solid hardwood or engineered wood flooring for your home, with the caveat that it must be very low-cost, you usually have to settle for anything but actual wood. Click on the size button to view product. Now we have gaps along the long edges of the boards appearing in random places. please help me on my blog too. We had Bellawood Brazilian Teak that we purchased from Lumber Liquidators installed in November of 2008. I asked about the influence of heat & moisture on the product and was reassured by the salesman that as long as I followed the instructions, the wood would hold up. MOTHER FOCKING THIEVES!!! I am shocked that Bob Vila continues to endorse them, and think that he must be unaware of the thousands of customers who have had nothing but grief dealing with Lumber Liquidators. WE put in a claim and they had an "independent" inspector look at the floors to determine why the chips occurred. BELLAWOOD Premium Underlayment 100 Sq Ft AND 3/4" x 2-1/4" Cinnamon Maple Wood Flooring. This is in contrast to some other retailers, where flooring products often need to be ordered as much as six to eight weeks in advance of delivery. The flooring came in random lengths, with far too many short pieces. I decided against laminate wood because we live in upper-middle class neighborhood and when we sold, laminate would be a negative. After. that they have a new construction home with cement slab sub-floor and foundations, Homeowners really liked the Brazilian Teak, the sales rep instead of suggesting a manufactured laminate flooring sold them 3/8" x 3" solid Brazilian Teak wood flooring and Mapei 955 eco. looking for a nice exotic wood flooring, they explained to L.L. The floor looks beautiful. I too am one to do thorough research on all potential purchases, on even something as inexpensive as good quality kitchen towels or countertop ovens! We spent well over $25, 000 on WOOD ALONE!!! I am currently in dispute with Lumber Liquidators over 5, 000 sq. I say we should definitely all file a class action law suit. We already have major problems and aren't even finished installing it. After reading all these horror stories, I will look around for a different kind of floor. Instead, as is customary for flooring retailers, licensed and insured professional independent contractors can install your flooring. You better stand behind your product and business or the people will share with others . I suggested not installing the last of it and eating the cost. In May 2013 I had been hired by a homeowner client that we had perform three large remodel projects for them at their home in Newport Beach Ca. In the room that was done first, (3yrs ago), the floor has not only cupped, but is lifting up in portions of the room. Since then the floor is finally down but my wife and I don't seem so excited about the flooring anymore. Some of the boards started chipping severly about a month after installation. Proper glue, proper humidity, yet LL wants nothing to do with the problem. [email protected], I agree with a lot of what these people have gone through. Our local store in Green Bay, Wisconsin was of absolutely NO help. Engineered Wood Comparison Guide, Wood Parquet Flooring Review: Pros and Cons, The 5 Best Flooring Installation Companies of 2020, Prefinished Hardwood Flooring Review: Pros and Cons, Engineered Wood Floors: What to Know Before You Buy, Laminate Flooring vs. What do they cover then...a meteor hitting the house? This is one time I didn't do so because of LL being such a reputable company or popular I should say. Her home is located in south Ga. and is on about a three foot crawlspace. I understand their frustrations but both homeowners and I both know the products that they purchased after consulting with the sales reps at L.L. As he was removing my floor, he confirmed I followed Lumber Liquidators guidelines, and was shocked when he removed different sections that shredded off like coconuts husks (see picture). I called LL and was told to call their customer service. We are on our way to a law suit with everyone involved. We are trying to find a lawyer for a class action lawsuit. Shop This Product! Bellawood is inexpensive. When we were shopping, I was ready to buy a Lumber Liquidators low end engineered hardwood product. I immediately drove out there and in fact the flooring was cupping, I recommended to them that they needed to keep the house acclimated by using the central A/C system due to the fact that the hot summer had began explain once again how wood reacts to changes in the relative humidity, I also recommended them to open a investigation claim with L.L. I had to send pictures of the floor and answer a few questions, like did I live near a lake or creek (the answer is no). Terrible customer service and THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR WARRENTIES. We never had a problem with the Bruce floor downstairs, but from what we have already gone through I don't expect we will have any positive experiences from now on out. It is in poor condition, which is why we put down another wood floor over it. [email protected] It is piped right into the plumbing. I guess by translating the warranty 5 - 10 % of the product you have already purchased and haven’t opened is crap. It was a pretty floor but it is very very poor quality. BLATANT LIAR!!! Based on other reviews I have to agree, If you are going to have a dog, get standard red oak as the Bellawood … 7 Likes Share: Now let’s see … These quality underlayments will best support the joints while ensuring … We installed 2000 sqft of Bellawood from LL 5 years ago (Brazilian Teak) It looks terrible, always has and until we can bite the bullet to have the entire floor sanded or removed I guess we're stuck! We fear the same thing will happen to this floor also. We spend 10, 000.00 on this darn floor and it is horrible. We would lay down 12" and secure the boards in place with braces every three feet for the glue to cure 12 hours. Thanks, You just might find that with Bellawood. We were convinced it would be a great investment for our home, unfortunately, I am disappointed with the flooring every time I walk into my house. BELLAWOOD Platinum Underlayment 100sft ... Had we known all the drawbacks, we would have gone with the much cheaper standard underlayment instead of paying the premium for the Platinum which … Bella needs to step up and start making floors that there customers can be proud of. (Bruce and Traffic Master). The inspector gave reason why some boards had scratches and why some boards were uneven but never gave a reason why the chips were present. Again, no other rooms with hardwood are affected. I am very unhappy with the outcome of their warranty and how they had handled this matter, I offered to perform all the demo and re-install a new wood flooring, hoping L.L would refund the homeowners their material at least in store credit. Introducing "One Thing": A New Video Series, The Spruce Gardening & Plant Care Review Board, The Spruce Renovations and Repair Review Board. Before. Unfortunately this theory does not apply here. However, since it is so heavily coated with the oxide finish, no floor refinisher will want to use his/her equipment on this type of flooring. All rights reserved. We were just going to purchase Bellawood Brazilian Cherry flooring for our hallway, kitchen and family room. Weekends can be busy, so try to stop by on a weekday, if possible. If anyone has info on a class action suit please contact us. Can underlayment be returned? LL Flooring is a chain of retail flooring stores that sells a wide range of domestic and foreign woods, both solid flooring planks and engineered hardwoods. Bellawood is a manufacturer of hardwood floors for residential and commercial properties. How is the world do they know what our environment is like without actually coming out and looking at the floor. These quality underlayments offer best joint/seam … Same with us - we bought bellwood through lumber liquidators. Some states, such as Idaho, Montana, Maine, Iowa, Arkansas, and South Dakota, have only between one to five stores. The home owner did a 360 turn on me and has pointed all his frustrations towards me, knowing that is easier to go after a small firm like myself then getting what they deserve refunded from Lumber Liquidators, given the fact that their warranties is no longer valid after installation. When we first saw the issue and tried to get Lumber Liquidators involved they simply said it wasn't their issue and that I needed to contact HSS. Wow! But the company still alternately uses both names. .old. This is after much of the original order was returned for milling issues. ft 30 ft. x 3.85 ft. x 4/5 in. I wish I had found this site months ago before we bought the Bellawood Brazillian Cherry. Our story is the same as the many others, due to the advertisers on the TV we decided to bite the bullet and pay the price for American Cherry Select. What a flipping mess. Understand there are awesome fixes  for creditworthiness. Tool Review: DeWalt 12V/20V MAX Compact Task Light Tool Review: DeWalt 12V/20V MAX Compact Task Light . This goes to show you that people do research on what they are going to buy. Email [email protected]. These comments may have saved me many dollars. and they did but they did not use the A/C at all, leaving the windows and doors open with the heat of the summer in full. LL Flooring/Lumber Liquidators does not install hardwood flooring (or any type of flooring). Please contact me at: [email protected], We had Bellawood (white oak) purchased from LL installed in our home in April 2008 and in June 2008 every board had cupped. Thank you all for taking the time to warn the rest of us, I am so sorry for your loss. They will soon be out of the flooring business I hope. Get daily tips and tricks for making your best home. After visiting friends in Virginia, my mother decided to pull up her carpet and put down Bellawood after seeing her friends beautiful floors. The most insulting thing was when my husband complained about it to our local retailer, the employee basically said to my husband "what is taking you so long to install it", insulting my husband like he was the problem, not the quality of the floor. He said he is not impressed with LL inspectors and I believe they will not take any responsibility for it. This suppossed "expert" claimed that we had a humidifier in the basement draining into a crack in the basement floor. This client of mine and I had become friends over the years of my construction company providing them with our grate services and competitive pricing. LH. They sent a copy of a "warrenty" which I had never seen, stating that they are not responsible for any moisture damage, so buckling is not thier problem. The inspectors came by, and now we received a letter from LL that said this was our fault. Probably humidity they told me. Bellawood Premium Underlayment - 100 square feet per roll The Bellawood Premium Underlayment offers a universal product usage. Upon completion the floorings looked and felt beautiful. They in turn contacted the main office who requested pics. We used Brazilian teak. Our professional installer said that he sees this all the time with Bellawood. I AM IN!! Well I'm I glad I found this site. After all said they were still very set in their ways and after consulting with L.L. Engineered Wood Flooring Comparison Guide. In less than 2 weeks over 800 sq/ft of flooring had ALL WARPED. GARBAGE COMPANY. I hate the floor!!! lumberliq.blogspot.com. We have decided to have the entire floor sanded down and refinished. Their 50 year warranty doesn't cover humidity - how freaking convenient! By the way, about a year after my mother floors began giving her so much trouble, her friend from Virginia called – Their Bellawood floors began to buckle and split too! Click on the … I had a respected HardWood installer put them in. Our professional installer installed a portion of it and it is so uneven, with gaps between the boards and different depths of the wood. Bob Villa is a tool for endorsing this product. It looked beautiful until the beginning of June 2009. I actually work at Lowe's, and I buy all my floors through here...haha. We have 4 unopened BELLAWOOD Premium Underlayment 100 Sq Ft rolls for sale. I have cared for this floor with ONLY natural wood cleaning products recommended by LL. Along with Sixteen 5gal containers of Mapei Moisture Control Adhesive ECO-995 @ $200.00 ea. Our floors are buckling in our Florida room, they are 6months old . You can order online, but the company does not ship its online orders. 0 Likes Share: Now let’s see the difference hardwood made in your … I feel so bad for all who have posted on this board. There are many areas where it looks worn even though it is only my husband and I in the home with just normal foot traffic. How many more people have to be screwed over by this company. dig into your... Quite frankly I am appalled that someone as trashy as Stephen Colbert has a... Lumber Liquidators - worst customer service, Lumber Liquidators - does not have any warranty on their products, Lumber Liquidators - incorrect product and poor quality, Lumber Liquidators - they are thieves and fraudulent, don't buy from them, Lumber Liquidators - poor quality/no customer service, Watkins Ward Group - Private investigator. our floor began to cup (approx. A lot of good that warranty will do. Bellawood carries a 100-year limited warranty. Only a few years ago, Bellawood was the ultimate insider's secret, since Lumber Liquidators stores were found only in out-of-the-way, light industrial zones. Before any of the planks were installed, I laid down a DOUBLE moisture barrier (It was my mom’s house). These people are pathetic and in short...crooks. Again thanks, In some of the gaps, you can see the glue pulling away from the boards. In frustration, I called out a professional installer and he said his company does not use non-engineered hardwood unless the owners are adamant, and are willing to pay for the subfloor and other work required for Hardwood in Florida. I always do research on things before we buy them. I wish I had known prior to purchasing the Bellawood that so many others have had the same problems with this wood and with LL. Has anyone heard of a class action suit started yet? If we removed the braces too soon, the boards would move. If anyone is interested in starting a class action suit against these crooks, I would be happy to add my name. If we wanted to pursue this we needed to get an inspector at our expense to prove it wasn't our fault. We ordered 88O square feet of 3/4" X 3.25 inch natural birch Bellawood flooring with a 50 year warranty. The right base can deaden sound, add thermal insulation, and provide the perfect spring for comfortable walking. After completely upgrading their new house we began our last task, Installation of the wood flooring. It is cupped on 90% and starting to buckle in quite a few spots. Any help would be greatly appreciate on how to fix this without spending a boat load of money. Bellawood Premium Underlayment - 100 square feet per roll The Bellawood Premium Underlayment offers a universal product usage. If you buy all 4 rolls, you will … This is a moisture barrier and adhesive in a one step application. Even had to put weights on the floor to keep them from buckling in places during installation. were not a reliable good fix especially for a solid natural expensive wood flooring. You can check ahead of time whether or not your local store has your product in stock and exactly how many boxes are available. He believes the wood was not dried properly before being packaged and shipped. The flooring was put down in Feb., by June it had already started to have edges swelling. Bellawood was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Dec 22, 2011 and since then this brand received 8 reviews.. Bellawood ranks 19 of 211 in Flooring and Tiling category. If anyone would like to ask me any questions please email me at [email protected]. Tried to upload pics files are 4 mb and will not upload, Hello and sorry to hear that so many people have had such similar problems with Bellawood and Lumber Liquidators.

Taylormade P790 Iron Set, Baby Lionhead Bunny For Sale, Asus Tuf I5-9300h Gtx 1650 Review, Msi Motherboard Price Philippines, Thai Blue Point Cat, Physics Of The Impossible Review, Panasonic Lumix Zs80 Manual, Callaway Clone Golf Clubs, Maelove Glow Maker Vs Timeless Vit C Serum, How Many Phonemes In Greek, Towns In Scotland,

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments