Permission to Speak
Video Blog & Podcast
Hosted by Leadership Communications Expert Kelly Vandever
Permission to Speak is the video blog and podcast that loiters at the intersections of leaders who want their people to speak up, technology that facilitates connections, and results that serve an organization’s higher purpose.
Our guest for this episode: Chantel Rice
– Teaching employees to implement enterprise social sharing tool Yammer at Cargill
– Account representatives were sharing information about point of sales material but they need something better than Sharepoint and PowerPoint slides. That’s where Yammer came in.
– Started with a trial team. When rolled it out during the national meeting- played a scavenger hunt. Went to the mall taking pictures of displays. Similar to what they’d do later in the field.
– Yammer is Facebook for business
– Some resistance from older set- but didn’t last.
– Management was very involved – key player in the success
– Using Yammer for recognition of employees
– They have a Yammer “Super User” who really helped out
– Examples and benefits from using workplace social software
– drive employee behaviors
– engage employees
– addressing adoption for all generations
– management support
– tear down silos
– improve communication with management
– get closer to customers
– share information and pictures real time through smart phone
– progress toward goals
– break down barriers between management
– recognize employees
– using for incentive programs
– reduce emails
– easy search
– quick responses when you need help
– see our customers everyday
– can see what’s going on without being there
– understand co-workers better (goes all directions – inside and outside group- managers and employees)
Kelly Vandever is a leadership and communications expert who helps leaders and organizations thrive in today’s attention-deficit, entertain-me-now, wait-while-I-post-that-on-Facebook world. Connect with Kelly and discover how being professionally human can bring you better business results.
Contact Kelly by phone at 770-597-1108, email her or tweet her @KellyVandever.