Permission to Speak
Video Blog & Podcast
Hosted by Leadership Communications Expert Kelly Vandever
Permission to Speak is the video blog and podcast that loiters at the intersections of leaders who want their people to speak up, technology that facilitates connections, and results that serve an organization’s higher purpose.
Our guest for this episode: Charlene Li
– Internet giving individuals a voice
– technology shifting the balance of power inside and outside of organizations
– people power
– digital transformation of organizations
– new ways of working
– difference between collaboration and employee engagement
– companies don’t want their employees to be engaged
– what kind of relationship do you as a manager want with your employees
– expanding span of control
– lead to scale through digital channels
– comparing your goals and considering how (or whether) digital can help you accomplish your goals
– authenticity vs polish as a leader when you communicate with your team more frequently with digital
– advice for middle managers in a social environment
– give up need for control
– control vs command
– best leaders make us feel like our voice matters
– digital transforming relationships
– technology as the great equalizer
– technology encouraging diversity
– examples of executives using social enterprise tools to connect with employees
– examples of executives using social media interact with customers
– excuses leaders us for not being on social tools
– disruptive organizations
– how do you maintain culture of innovation in a really large company
– company cultures
– technology to change culture
– playing the long game in your work relationships
– talking about your last day of work on your first day of work
– applying values in the workplace
– trust & feedback
– empowerment & failure
– messaging apps (snap chat- what’s app) as the next disruptor
– diversity in the leadership space
How do I communicate with my staff in an age of social media?
As the leader of my company, do I have to be on Twitter and Facebook?
How do I develop trust as a leader?
How can I develop better work relationships?
What are common excuses for leaders not using social media?
What are some examples of effective ways that leaders have interacted with customers on social media?
What are some examples of how leaders have effectively interacted with employees on social media?
How does a company’s culture impact productivity?
How do you maintain a culture of innovation in a really large company?
How does technology encourage diversity?
What happens if a leader give over control to employees?
Kelly Vandever is a leadership and communications expert who helps leaders and organizations thrive in today’s attention-deficit, entertain-me-now, wait-while-I-post-that-on-Facebook world. Connect with Kelly and discover how being professionally human can bring you better business results.
Contact Kelly by phone at 770-597-1108, email her or tweet her @KellyVandever.