Leadership Video Blog & Podcast
Hosted by Leadership Communications Expert Kelly Vandever
Permission to Speak is the video blog and podcast that loiters at the intersections of leaders who want their people to speak up, technology that facilitates connections, and results that serve an organization’s higher purpose.
Our interviewee for this episode: Kelly Vandever!
Our Guest, Tom Nixon, Interviews Kelly about Workplace Communications and Why Topics of the Podcast/Video Blog Are What They Are
About Tom Nixon:
Tom Nixon is an amazing speaker, a fabulous executive speech coach, an enormously talented graphic designer, author of the book, Fix Your Lousy PowerPoint, and all-around great human being. You can find out more about Tom on his website, TomNixonDesign.com.
- Kelly tells her stories and why the Permission to Speak podcast focuses on leaders who want their employees to speak up, technology that facilitates connections, and results that serve our higher purpose
- Employee voice
- Employees speaking up at work
- Self-confidence of leaders
- When Kelly was told not to speak up in the Navy
- And when Kelly was required to speak up in the Navy
- One characteristic of the best leaders that always comes up in Kelly’s management classes is that great leaders are great listeners
- Discussing the need to understand the higher purpose of your organization
- How the higher purpose of the organization ties into employees being engaged
- You can’t provide excel customer service if you treat your people like crap
- Technology and the power it has to give people a voice
- Kelly’s example of the difference a knowledge sharing tool she used in Corporate America
- Kelly was past president of the Georgia Chapter of the National Speakers Association
- Storytelling and its power to create connections with leaders and their staffs
- What happens when employees speak up at work?
- What is the one characteristics all employees say their best manager had?
- Why is it important to understand your organization’s mission?
- Why is it important for a company to have a higher purpose?
- Why is customer service bad when we tell our people to give good customer service?
- How can technology help companies improve communications?
- How can technology give introverts a voice?
- Why is storytelling important to leaders?
Tom’s book, Fix Your Lousy PowerPoint, is terrific for anyone who wants to do more effective PowerPoints for their business presentations!
Kelly Vandever is a leadership and communications expert who helps leaders and organizations thrive in today’s attention-deficit, entertain-me-now, wait-while-I-post-that-on-Facebook world. Connect with Kelly and discover how being professionally human can bring you better business results.
Contact Kelly by phone at 770-597-1108, email her or tweet her @KellyVandever.