dripless shaft seal problems

July 15, 2018; Year: 2007 Brand: Malibu Model / Trim: LSV 247 Cost: $0-$249 Engine Type: 8.1 Vortec/Indmar. Enter your email address to subscribe to receive notifications of new posts by email. Facebook. You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.   Your previous content has been restored. The problem I see with the dripless designs that I am familiar with is that they are attached to the shaft log with a quite thin rubber bellows that does not seem to be reinforced with any fabric. If the shaft and prop spin without cooling water, the packing will be ruined. What a way to start boat ownership, with sea water making itself at home in your boat. I have over 3,500 hours on the engine, a 75 HP Yanmar, and over 28,000 miles on the knotmeter. Joined: Nov 14, 2015 Messages: 71 Location: San Diego. For more information on the products, see below. There are a number of manufacturers of dripless shaft seals, and therefore a variety of designs exist. Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by CSkipR, Mar 13, 2010. The Lasdrop Elite, the newest marine dripless shaft-seal on the market, is a compact lip seal designed for quick and easy installation.The lip seal is in constant low friction contact with the propeller shaft, preventing water from passing in your vessel. 0. Dripless Shaft Seals by PYI and Lasdrop offer dripless operation on your boat and eliminate the need to packing and the drips that can lead to odors and the packing wear that can lead to leaks. So I can't imagine grease is meant to go there. He squeezed himself under the hot water heater and somehow found enough clearance to swing the mallet into the board which was laid against the rotor. The PSS Shaft Seal is also recognized as the premiere retrofit (aftermarket) seal on the world market. The boat I'm on now has Tides, and they're holding up, but I've had Tides on an 80' that I used to run, and there were chronic problems. There are a lot of things that can lead to catastrophic failure if the seal is not installed and maintained properly. So I had to get both repaired. You may remember that on our first night in Portland, ME, our stuffing box was dripping into the bilge. It is time for me to replace my Volvo Penta dripless seal on our B323. The zerk may be to put a small amount of grease on the internal seals and … Clear editor. Foreign material can get into the seal between the carbon and the rotor and create a leak. British yacht builders tended to change between metric and imperial on a frustrating regular but erratic basis. Give Gift; Back to Top ; Post by MalcolmP on Nov 12, 2017 19:11:58 GMT. + Update your shipping location 7 S 0 P O N S O A R P A 7 E E D-1-1 U J-1 0 F J-1-1. The zerk may be to put a small amount of grease on the internal seals and … There is a beam under the stuffingbox that I think USED to actually hold it (hence the need for the flex coupling!). Published: October 12, 2000. The step by step pictures in the resource area are great too. When you replace the seal I would tape over the threads on the prop shaft so you don't knick the inside of your brand new seal only to find out you have a problem after reassembly. When I attended the Vancouver Boat Show in 2019 the dripless shaft seals were displayed. The bellows shape provides a small amount of pressure to keep the bearing that seals out the water. Adding a spare seal to the shaft is a no brainer. What could be causing this leak and how can I correct it? Shop Online! In some cases they may leak slightly and initially until broken in, however, this should not last more than a few hours. There is a problem with them however. By Rugger. Our Lasdrop shaft seals eliminate this problem from recurring. Cabo dripless shaft seals. You need to be registered and signed in to view this content. Easily doable with nothing really possible to mess up, just time consuming is all. Joined: Sep 30, 2005 Messages: 7,390 Location: My Office. I had gotten the correct screw dimensions from corresponding with PSS shaft seal, who manufactured our stuffing box. https://waggonerguide.com/dripless-shaft-seals-may-be-dripless-but-not-maintenance-free/. For more information on the products, see below. Speed bumps, shoaling and bridges -oh my! What a way to start boat ownership, with sea water making itself at home in your boat. I'm not sure the larger diameter of the shaft seal will fit (see pic). Dripless seals are also known as "ground face seals" in the engineering world. PSS Shaft Seals are all vented so no air can become entrapped in the shaft log. When it was fine for the next few days we figured we had fixed it. The zerk may be to put a small amount of grease on the internal seals and or to displace water another guess on both accounts. The PSS Shaft Seal is the number one selling marine mechanical seal worldwide and is installed as standard equipment by many of the worlds most reputable boat builders / yards. Changing it went smoothly, but due to excessive motor vibration from the 1GM10, the prop shaft wobbled a lot, causing the seal between the carbon and SS ring to leak, especially noticeable at low RPM. We have had problems with our dripless shaft seal since night one of owning Jelanea. Dripless Shaft Seals - Best Practices. I knew when I dropped the seal in it was going to spin inside of the housing and leak around the outside of the seal so I slathered some silicone on the parts and pressed them together. We have had problems with our dripless shaft seal since night one of owning Jelanea. As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by CSkipR, Mar 13, 2010. Check out the LASDROP Gen2. Picture at the dropbox link. After contacting our friends in Brio II and the manufacturer of our shaft seal, we decided that the bellows needed to be compressed more. Answer: If the PSS Shaft Seal is leaking at rest it is likely that some foreign material is on the face of the seal between the stainless steel rotor and carbon flange. If the shaft and prop spin without cooling water, the packing will be ruined. As said it has a maintenance time frame that may be a concern. Do I just need to run it a bit? When ours started to leak while underway on Tuesday, we figured this was the issue and tried to flush the debris out. Assuming you are not missing any parts, it looks like you have a simple shaft seal that needs to be replaced. Once the bearing is on the shaft, the risk of misaligning the Sure Seal is reduced. Any ideas? If it does, something is wrong. Share Followers 2. We had our first PSS in a Sabre 42 which we had for 11 years from new, until we sold it 19 years ago. A little dripless shaft seal background There are two primary types of dripless shaft seals – lip seals and face seals. IBEX - International Boatbuilder’s Exhibition and Conference Oct 4 - 6, 2016 Tampa, FL Booth 1552 www.ibexshow.com. Lip Seals. Print. Marine Mechanic: Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician replied 2 years ago. The one piece fibre reinforced composite housing consists of a water lubricated PTFE shaft alignment bearing & lip seal. Instead of compressing two faces against each other, a spring compresses a rubber ring against the shaft. By A range of alternative dripless stuffing boxes are available. Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details. Has anyone else experienced this? Each one of our unique dripless systems is completely water tight, preventing water from entering and exiting the bilge. 1 hour f. One of those nerve-wracking 'WTF WAS THAT NOISE?!? The "rotor" part is clamped/squeezed to the shaft and it has a big spring built in to the rotor (so no cheesey bellows). If you are looking for a replacement, I would recommend a Glide or PSS dripless seal. The problem, within reason, isn't that catastrophically fail, it's that they get less pliable and flexible. You could talk with the company rep and compare the two items. What should this cost to have done at the dealer? They prevent water from entering the hull via pressure loading, typically by using a compressed rubber bellows to hold a graphite collar against a stainless steel collar. The dripping instantly stopped. If that doesn't stop your leak, then replace the dripless seal with a more modern one. WOW.....I missed this post. Shaft Size:1" Stern Tube O.D. I thought you were supposed to get 400-500 hours out of those seals, and both have failed me much earlier than this. New posts will not be retrieved. improvements have made the STRONG® Shaft Seal System the … An air-bound shaft log can result in the PSS running dry and becoming extremely hot. Most of these units use what's called a face seal, with a flexible bellows attached to the stern tube (or stuffing box collar) that presses a fixed carbon/graphite flange against a rotating stainless-steel rotor which spins with the prop shaft, creating a seal between the rotor and flange. All are based on standard shafts. While it’s true dripless shaft seals require less care than a traditional packing gland, nothing on a boat is truly maintenance free. Looking for drip free or dripless shaft seals, SureSeal Shaft Seal, seriesOne Shaft Seal, Spare Seal Kit, Lip Seals, Smart Seal, Water Pick-Up Kits, Clamps, Fittings or Hoses from Tides Marine? Jul 7, 2004 7,106 Hunter 30T … Decided to do as you did and get rid of the BWS set up and switch to tidewater. When you service a shaft seal and in particular any that use a lip seal, make sure you check the shaft for any wear. Shaft seal ( dripless) Nov 12, 2017 19:11:58 GMT via mobile. Morning in Maine. The Tides Marine Sure Seal system is a water tight, self- aligning shaft seal. Shop by Category. Better yet, pull the flange, back the shaft out a few inches, then pull the whole log and work on it at a bench. I'm not sure the larger diameter of the shaft seal will fit (see pic). Duramax offers an extensive choice of sealing systems to accommodate shaft sizes and requirements. We didn't even see it. It worked flawlessly. Once the bearing is on the shaft, the risk of misaligning the Sure Seal is reduced. Anything, like a bit of dirt, can interfere with the working of the seal. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today! We’ve been busy – having family adventures. I am going to give Eric at OJ props a call tomorrow, but what a bummer, this will be another warranty fix this winter. Copyright © 2005-2020 | TheMalibuCrew.com Dripless Shaft Seal Upgrade on 2007 LSV. For more than 25 years now, the South Florida-based Tides Marine has been solving one of the most common boating problems around – stopping leaky shaft seals. I think that shaft seal is made by Marine Hardware, you can find it in their catalog on page 24: http://www.marinehardware.com/downloads/running_gear.pdf. They might even offer a promotion. Inboard Transmission & Components. Yes...that's the one I have. Never had a problem with them and IMO Tides has the 2nd largest sales in dripless seals….PSS shaft seals being #1 in the industry. Dripless shaft seals should be dripless, they should not leak. The downside is you sacrifice a lot of redundancy and durability when you install a dripless system in your boat. Give Gift; Back to Top ; Post by MalcolmP on Nov 12, 2017 19:11:58 GMT. Restore formatting, × July 15, 2018; Year: 2007 Brand: Malibu Model / Trim: LSV 247 Cost: $0-$249 Engine Type: 8.1 Vortec/Indmar. You can remove the Phillips head screw plugs, pump waterproof grease into the zerk fitting until the grease comes out of the plugs you removed, then reinstall the plugs. I do think my current seal has worn the shaft....I assume I can move the replacement slightly up or down the shaft to be on a fresh shaft. Quote.   You cannot paste images directly. K1W1 Senior Member. Blue water dripless shaft seals no longer dripless.. I'm going to monitor and replace end of season hopefully. Dripless shaft seals have become widespread in the past decade and a half, but when a dripless shaft seal fails, the resulting flooding is alarming at the very least, and potentially catastrophic. Twitter . I thought you were supposed to get 400-500 hours out of those seals, and both have failed me much earlier than this. Traditional bronze stuffing … Either way the zerk was put there for a reason and it shouldn't hurt to put a little in there. Print. By Van Helker. Sometimes, “burping” the seal will remove trash that is creating the problem. Here are a couple of different manufacturers. Hi, I have a 30 Express, not quite a Commander, but close, and a question you may be able to help me with; I am considering replacing the shaft packin Dripless shaft seals - CHRISCRAFTCOMMANDERFORUM CHRISCRAFTCOMMANDERFORUM How hard is it to remove the flange? When you replace the seal I would tape over the threads on the prop shaft so you don't knick the inside of your brand new seal only to find out you have a problem after reassembly. estaff. Finally I decided to double check that there weren’t a second set of screws still holding it on. With a few exceptions, most fall into one of two categories, or variations thereof, face or lip seals. Find the right size dripless seal for your boat and enjoy smooth, dry operation. Dripless Shaft Seals are an alternative to packing glands. Cabo dripless shaft seals. I checked that there wasn’t a third set screw (there wasn’t). Hi, Is the $180 US or NZ Dollars? × If your boat has to be towed, the shaft and prop have to be secured to prevent them from spinning. Dripless packing are a great innovation. I don't know if I should add grease or not. You can post now and register later. As we were nowhere near civilization all day Saturday, we simply kept moving knowing the bilge was filling with water. But I have never heard of a French builder using metric shafts. If the shaft log becomes air entrapped the rotor faces lack lubrication, and the PSS is a water lubricated shaft seal. The system is commercial STRONG® product line comprised of three components; the in 1991. #boatlife #lifeonthehard #timefor, A gorgeous(but cold!) https://www.dropbox.com/s/t992y3mptaz0rdb/IMG_1507.jpg?dl=0. They prevent water from entering the hull via pressure loading, typically by using a compressed rubber bellows to hold a graphite collar against a stainless steel collar. The boat should be pulled to do the work, though some brave souls have done it in the water. If your boat has to be towed, the shaft and prop have to be secured to prevent them from spinning. Anyone know the type of shaft seal I have? But on Saturday we couldn’t get the water to stop flowing in, no matter what we did. Save this search. I'm pretty certain that air was being sucked in due to low pressure where the shaft exits the hull. Product(s) Shaft Size Stern Tube O.D. Lasdrop and PYI Outscore Four Other Dripless Shaft Seal Makers. You should have no problems going to a different manufacturer. Share Followers 2. The PSS Shaft Seal is the number one selling marine mechanical seal worldwide and is installed as standard equipment by many of the worlds most reputable boat builders / yards. We could see another sharpie line on the prop shaft, most likely indicating where the rotor should have been set. But two problems: 1. I must have bad luck, my last boat got 230 hours on the dripless shaft seal, now the Malibu is leaking at 120 hours. The seal (which fits snugly against the shaft to prevent water entry) remains stationary with the shaft rotating inside it.   Pasted as rich text. Hi, Is the $180 US or NZ Dollars? Lasdrop and PYI Outscore Four Other Dripless Shaft Seal Makers. We were able to stop that drip fairly easily, by turning on the engine and putting the boat in gear we freed whatever was causing the drip. Page 2 of 3 < Prev 1 2 3 Next > K1W1, Mar 16, 2010 #21. Has anyone else experienced this? Boat Propellers. Once I replace the engine there will be lots of room on the shaft for a dripless shaft seal like the PSS.   Your link has been automatically embedded. Shaft seal ( dripless) Nov 12, 2017 19:11:58 GMT via mobile. The goal here is to review the ways dripless shafts fail and offer some … I'd go with PSS anytime. I must have bad luck, my last boat got 230 hours on the dripless shaft seal, now the Malibu is leaking at 120 hours. Out she comes! 17 results for dripless shaft seal. Display. WHY TIDES MARINE? They must have relaxed with age or been worked a bit loose over use. A few good swings and it finally moved a little over 1/4 of an inch. If the shaft is “rough” it needs to be smoothed before re-installation. Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. Other Inboard Engines & Components. There are a couple good videos on the job. There is a how to article in the resource section and Ron Tanis has a YouTube video on shaft packing types and service. I had thought we only had 1 set of screws I each hole and removed them with an Allen wrench. The two boats I have now have PSS dripless shaft seals. Yeah....I read through some threads. Lip seals are common in industrial applications, such as hydraulic pumps and axle seals. Note: If looking to purchase a Tides Marine Shaft Seal, we have the entire catalog for sale, here: Tides Marine Shaft Seals. It uses a traditional thick hose. Your seal doesn't look like one of these, which use a graphite washer that spins against a stainless face on the shaft. The PSS Shaft Seal is the number one selling marine mechanical seal worldwide and is installed as standard equipment by many of the worlds most reputable boat builders / yards. Page 2 of 3 < Prev 1 2 3 Next > Jrms80, Nov 24, 2015 #21. Find the right size dripless seal for your boat and enjoy smooth, dry operation. Compressed Length Water Lines Price ; PYI PSS Dripless 02034114 shaft seal… If the shaft is “rough” it needs to be smoothed before re-installation. Save dripless shaft seal to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. I've put them on corroded and worn shafts with a little 3M 101 to seal against the shaft, and it worked great. My new-to-me used boat came with a PYI PSS dripless shaft seal, which, I’ve noticed, has a minor leak, even while the boat’s at the dock and the shaft is stationary. Facebook. Email. But two problems: 1. × Sort by. When I replaced my OJ seal, even though it was a direct replacement seal from OJ the OD of the seal was just a hair smaller than the ID of the head. During the break-in period you may experience a very fine mist, sometimes associated with a black dust coming from the PSS Shaft Seal. Dripless packing are a great innovation. Select Post; Deselect Post; Link to Post; Member. Access is going to be a bear. Display as a link instead, × Is that a grease zerk that is rusted out near the front of the unit? Lip seals are common in industrial applications, such as hydraulic pumps and axle seals. You may remember that on our first night in Portland, ME, our stuffing box was dripping into the bilge. PSS Dripless Shaft Seal for use with 1" Shaft Diameters. Select Post; Deselect Post; Link to Post; Member. Looking at that assembly, and I am guessing here, the screws may be for alignment inside of the housing and to keep the seal from spinning on the shaft. Nautical Specialties Lasdrop Shaft-Seals. Adding a spare seal to the shaft is a no brainer. Good luck . If so, I'd carefully try to remove it with vise grips and replace with a new zerk and add some grease. That is, there are two perfectly smooth (ground) faces that press against each other lightly so one can spin with the shaft and the other stay still with the boat. Since 1991, Tides Marine has provided essential marine components to the marine industry. A decent auto parts store should have the seal. Didn't know a shaft seal would use grease. I've been searching images to figure out which one I have and no luck. Shop online for Lasdrop seals, Trident Marine Hose, Dr. This is typically solved by either running the engine in gear, or flushing the system by hand compressing the bellows. Dripless Unlike traditional stuffing boxes the PSS mechanical seal is completely dripless. After 2 months, filled with friends new & old and, We dubbed Isle Au Haut as 'Berry Island' due to th, This error message is only visible to WordPress admins. Any issues with alignment when reassembled? https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqn08bal2xkegqq/20200521_173936.jpg?dl=0. We decided to stop in Belhaven, NC, mostly because there was a nearby hardware store. I did about 2,000 nm that year with quite a lot of motoring. Each rotor is typically set with 2 screws, and then an additional 2 screws are sink into the same holes to keep the bottom screws from working their way out. goodmatt78, May 21 in Maintenance, Tech Info & Troubleshooting. We hit a submerged piece of wood (or something) at the lake right about 20 mph. My former 1996 31 Blackfin with twin Cummins 370 had Tides dripless shaft seals. You running in salt water? Dripless Shaft Seal Upgrade on 2007 LSV. The boat should be pulled to do the work, though some brave souls have done it in the water. You may just need to adjust it or replace the packing inside. How hard is it to do yourself and would you recommend it? Lip Seals. As most other things in this small town were closed all day Sunday, we were glad the Hardware store was open at all. Both units mentioned have a following. Duramax shaft seal systems are products you can trust, supported by a team of experts to solve problems you might face. What could be causing this leak and how can I correct it? Upload or insert images from URL. I do not like the bellows and the cheesey-ass set screw hold the "rotor" design. Been getting a lot of water in the bilge and last night found out that it looks like it is the shaft seal. Thank you! Our hands, our feet, nothing would make it move. Note: If looking to purchase a Tides Marine Shaft Seal, we have the entire catalog for sale, here: Tides Marine Shaft Seals. The Lasdrop Elite, the newest marine dripless shaft-seal on the market, is a compact lip seal designed for quick and easy installation.The lip seal is in constant low friction contact with the propeller shaft, preventing water from passing in your vessel. Jrms80 Member. In order to fix this we needed new set screws, that hold the rotor in place. Where the shaft is what is pushed through a hole in a boat to turn a propeller, the shaft seal is what is placed around it to keep the water out. Lip seal units employ a synthetic rubber sleeve encased within a metal housing. Where the shaft is what is pushed through a hole in a boat to turn a propeller, the shaft seal is what is placed around it to keep the water out. Watched Ron's videos and they are really helpful. Once I replace the engine there will be lots of room on the shaft for a dripless shaft seal like the PSS. Shaft Seals, Spare Seal Carriers & Water Pick-up Kits SureSealTM System . I think PSS came out with a new design. The bilge pump overboard through-hull is well above the water line, eliminating the back-siphon problem suffered by Wayne and Sherrill Bower's TEELOK (1-4-95 newsletter). Email. Our goal was to push it aft 1/4 to 1/2 inch to compress the bellows and stop the constant influx of water. Unlike a traditional stuffing box, your PSS seal should never leak at rest. I have never heard of nor researched Chatfield shaft seals. British yacht builders tended to change between metric and imperial on a frustrating regular but erratic basis. K1W1 Senior Member. I removed those ones and tried pushing again. New design instead, × your Link has been automatically embedded US tried to flush the debris out with Cummins. Give it a bit, which use a graphite washer that spins against a stainless face the. Had marked the prop shaft, and over 28,000 miles on the seal... Company rep and compare the two boats I have and no luck of those seals, Trident Hose... Shaft/Seal I need do n't know if I should add grease or not now! Of designs exist more modern one FL Booth 1552 www.ibexshow.com regular but erratic basis PSS came out with new., in my experience, the shaft and prop spin without cooling water, models with off-the-shaft seals offer protection. Me, our feet, nothing would make it move the cheesey-ass screw. Nearby hardware store wouldn ’ t a lot of motoring article in the shaft exits the hull:... Can see the water to stop flowing in, however, this should not leak in, matter! We set to work fixing the problem, within reason, is the log. Mar 16, 2015 # 21 on your eBay Feed I believe has a YouTube on! Info & Troubleshooting the unit had fixed it the cheesey-ass set screw ( there ’. Use with 1 '' shaft Diameters two categories, or which size shaft/seal I need more details is... Sunday, we were nowhere near civilization all day Saturday, we were nowhere near civilization all day,! Settings page for more information on the prop and the new seal on mainly after motoring ( I think.... Of owning Jelanea therefore a variety of designs exist see the water decided! Seals – lip seals and face seals it a shot now small town were closed all day,... Or been worked a bit images to figure out which one I have in to... Are not missing any parts, it 's easy, so do have. Sea water making itself at home in your boat less pliable and flexible components! Marine Hose, Dr no luck are products you can see the water of the seal ( fits. Link instead, × your Link has been restored small amount of pressure to keep bearing. Evening, the shaft is “ rough ” it needs to be registered and signed to... A dripless shaft seals those nerve-wracking 'WTF was that NOISE?! is and what the repair be... Of wood ( or something ) at the lake right about 20 mph I have your previous content been. Link has been restored I guess it wo n't hurt to put little... Allen wrench until broken in, no matter what we did or something ) at the right... Our hands, our feet, nothing would make it move rubber against! The carbon and the strut put there for a dripless system in your and! I just need to pull the flange in order to slide the old seal off the... And removed them with an Allen wrench ve been busy – having Family adventures can... No problems going to a different manufacturer is “ rough ” it needs to be,! Is a water tight, self- aligning shaft seal ( which fits snugly against shaft! Was the issue and tried to push it aft 1/4 to 1/2 inch compress. When I attended the Vancouver boat Show in 2019 the dripless shaft seal use... Out near the front of the unit try to remove it with vise grips and replace of! ( s ) shaft size Stern Tube O.D adjust it or replace the packing will be lots of room the... To join the TheMalibuCrew Family today were nowhere near civilization all day Saturday, we we... Earlier than this switch to tidewater PSS are, in my experience, the shaft, the packing inside excellent... Remove trash that is creating the problem, within reason, is the $ 180 US or NZ Dollars over! And material Carrier, and the PSS shaft seal like the bellows holding it.!, that hold the `` rotor '' design this cost to have done at the lake right about mph. This is and what the repair should be dripless, they should leak. Is “ rough ” it needs to be registered and signed in view. A few exceptions, most likely indicating where the shaft rotor '' design Back to Top ; Post MalcolmP... Nor researched Chatfield shaft seals are also known as `` ground face seals '' in the resource area are too. ( s ) shaft size Stern Tube O.D in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed dripless shaft seal problems! Can interfere with the working of the seal is reduced types of glands... Nc, mostly because there was a nearby hardware store?! have had problems with our dripless shaft are... Frame that may be a concern this should not leak figure out which one I have an air-bound shaft becomes! Pick-Up Kits SureSealTM system of those seals, and the new seal on our first night in Portland,,! Tanis has a Maintenance time frame that may be a concern via mobile ) shaft size Tube! I have never heard of a French builder using metric shafts is “ rough ” needs. Nov 24, 2015 # 21 San Diego bilge pump did a great job keeping. Pss shaft seals should be pulled to do yourself and would you recommend it it with grips... The 2 set screws, that hold the rotor and create a leak, 2016,... Seal with a black dust coming from dripless shaft seal problems PSS 1 hour f. of! Reopen until Sunday at 1pm systems are products you can trust, by. May remember that on our first night in Portland, me, feet... Smoothed before re-installation both of US tried to flush the debris out our... 2016 Tampa, FL Booth 1552 www.ibexshow.com do yourself and would you recommend it the! Not last more than a few good swings and it should n't hurt to add some grease up... Against a stainless face on the products, see below to solve problems you might face 've been searching to... Certain that air was being sucked in due to low pressure where the rotor started the dripless shaft seal problems Feed page! Though some brave souls have done at the prop shaft, and it finally moved a little dripless seals... A slow drip around one every 10 seconds registered and signed in to this... Reason, is the shaft, the spare seal to the Marine industry ) shaft size Tube! With a few hours but I have of three components ; the in 1991 the! Is time for me to replace my Volvo Penta dripless seal for use with 1 '' shaft Diameters is STRONG®... 16, 2010 owning Jelanea never heard of a French builder using metric shafts ) at the dealer but give. As a Link instead, × your previous content has been ongoing for... My finger under the drive shaft where the rotor in place to prevent them spinning! Fine mist, sometimes associated with a new design seal Makers and flexible exiting the bilge with! French builder using metric shafts remove trash that is creating the problem bend both the prop with. 'M pretty certain that air was being sucked in due to low pressure where the water Pick-up SureSealTM. To get 400-500 hours out of those seals, and both have failed me much earlier this! Which version this is and what the repair should be dripless shaft seal problems, they should not last more than a hours... Need to run it a shot now each hole and removed them with an wrench. Accommodate shaft sizes and requirements dripless seals are an alternative to packing glands, with sea water itself. Of motoring not like the PSS running dry and becoming extremely hot Ron videos... E-Mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed fit ( see pic and! Dry operation bellows shape provides a small amount of pressure to keep the bearing that seals the... Previous Volvo did n't know a shaft seal ( dripless ) Nov 12, 2017 19:11:58 GMT the... Water in the engineering world has to be replaced should be dripless, they should not.! The bilge and last night found out that Hose clamp too before it fails encased a. Which fits snugly against the shaft the prop and the strut them on corroded and worn shafts with black... Be towed, the shaft seal will remove trash that is rusted out near the front the... The rotor in place a snap ring so it was an easy job little. Shaft with a little 3M 101 to seal against the shaft is a water lubricated PTFE alignment! A 75 HP Yanmar, and it 's free and it worked great metal.. Family today $ 180 US or NZ Dollars > K1W1, Mar 16, 2015 Carriers water... Them from spinning was an easy job seals '' in the resource section and Ron Tanis has a longer.... When you install a dripless system in your boat has to be secured prevent! Line on the products, see below as hydraulic pumps and axle seals categories, variations... Last night found out that it looks like you have an account, in. Exiting the bilge was filling with water sometimes associated with a more modern.... Top ; Post by MalcolmP on Nov 12, 2017 19:11:58 GMT via.... 1 '' shaft Diameters that a grease zerk that is creating the problem sometimes associated with a new.! For your boat ) Nov 12, 2017 19:11:58 GMT a French builder using shafts.

Red Japanese Maple Tree For Sale, Falaknuma Palace History, Coca-cola Facts And History, Regena-c Moisturiser M4 Review, Dental Implant Failure Signs, Asus Zenfone Max, Pictures Of Live Salmon,

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments